A delicious seafood cocktail sauce, mild yet tangy, the perfect accompaniment to prawns, lobster, and ideal for serving as a dipping sauce or to add to a prawn cocktail.
This homemade seafood sauce recipe is a classic recipe, using simple ingredients and takes just minutes to make. Most if not all the ingredients you will probably have already in your pantry, so if you're thinking of making a lovely prawn salad and wondering what sauce to go with the prawns, then look no further!
What ingredients are in seafood sauce?
This is a simple sauce made up of mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco sauce, horseradish sauce, and lemon or lime juice. You can make the sauce as hot as you like, by adding more Tabasco and horseradish or leaving those two ingredients out completely.
This prawn cocktail, or Marie Rose sauce, as it is sometimes known as, will keep refrigerated in a covered container for several days. Just give it a stir before using it and then add to your dish, or use it as a dipping sauce at a party!
So let's get straight to this easy recipe for seafood sauce and please enjoy!
5 Tablespoons mayonnaise
5 Tablespoons Tomato ketchup tomato chutney
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
1 teaspoon Horseradish Sauce (optional)
a squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze a small amount of lemon juice, stir and taste. Add more lemon juice to your liking.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 Tablespoons Tomato ketchup tomato chutney
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Horseradish Sauce (optional)
- squeeze of lemon or lime juice
1. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish together.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Squeeze a small amount of lemon juice, stir and taste. Add more lemon juice to your liking.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate