White Chocolate and Cranberry Banana Drop Cookies are a light, soft, fluffy cookie, loaded with white chocolate and cranberries. Great for using up those overripe bananas!
These Banana Drop Cookies are quite light and fluffy, soft to the bite, so don't expect crunchy!
We've taken our Lovefoodies basic banana drop cookie recipe and switched it up a few notches by adding some white chocolate chips and tart dried cranberries.
The cranberries balance well with the sweetness of the bananas and white chocolate in the cookie, and also add a little texture.
We've chosen to use white chocolate chips, of course, you can use milk or dark chocolate too! You could even add a few chopped nuts if you wanted to!
They are absolutely delicious with a glass of milk or a cup of tea too.
The kiddies love these cookies, and for those of you who prefer a softer type cookie, this is the one for you!
This easy banana cookie recipe makes a batch of around 50 cookies. You have the option to freeze some of the dough, for a later date, or to freeze some cookies once baked. If you don't want to eat 50 of the same cookies, you can do what we often do, and that is to divide the cookie dough into 2 or 3 and add different chocolate or dried fruits so you have a variety of cookie flavors out of one dough.
The recipe is very easy and uses regular pantry ingredients. This is a great way to use up any old bananas, and as you'll probably know, the darker the banana, the sweeter it is and the stronger the flavor. So your cookies will certainly have a stronger taste if you choose to use up older bananas!
So please enjoy our delicious White Chocolate Cranberry Banana Drop Cookies.
40 minutes (includes 30 minutes chilling)
1¼ cups or 250g sugar
⅔ cup or 170g butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup, approx 1 medium-sized banana; mashed well
2 Eggs, beaten
2¼ cups or 280g all-purpose, plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1/ cup white chocolate
½ cup dried cranberries
1) In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. (dry ingredients)
2) In a separate bowl, cream sugar, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3) Add eggs and beat well. Stir in banana, chocolate, and cranberries (wet ingredients)
4) Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
5) Preheat oven to 400 F, 200C.
6) Drop teaspoon-sized balls of dough two inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
7) Bake 8-10 minutes or until browned. Cool 2 minutes, then transfer to racks.
We'd love to hear from you and what you thought of our banana drop cookies recipe. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
- White chocolate - you can swap this for the same amount of dark or milk chocolate, or leave it out altogether. No need to change any ingredient ratios.
- Cranberries - you can swap these for dried blueberries, raisins, chopped apricots, or other dried fruit. Again, you can also leave these out if you prefer.
- Adding a drizzle of chocolate over the tops for decoration or a cinnamon and sugar mix sprinkled just before baking adds an extra flavor dimension
These cookies are soft cookies so you don't need to worry about them losing their 'crunch'! Keep them in an air-tight container for up to 5 days, or you can freeze the baked cookies, or freeze the cookie dough before baking.
- 1¼ cups or 250g sugar
- ⅔ cup or 170g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup, approx 1 medium sized banana; mashed well
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2¼ cups or 280g all purpose, plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/ cup white chocolate
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. (dry ingredients)
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well. (wet ingredients)
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400F, 200C.
- Drop teaspoon-sized balls of dough two inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until browned.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 50 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate